Deferred Gap Insurance

Deferred Gap Insurance Polices with GapInsurance123

If you have bought a new vehicle your own motor insurance company may offer you new for old replacement style gap insurance free of charge for the first 12 months. This used to be very common practice, however due to cost implications more and more motor insurance companies are moving away from this as a standard feature.

Some insurance companies who still offer new for old feature may have imposed terms and conditions, Some have mileage restrictions,  so you will need to check this with your own motor insurance provider and be absolutely confident that they will cover you within the first 12 months.

If are a lucky enough to have this feature and are confident that you will be covered for the first 12 months we have a free of charge solution.

Deferred Gap Insurance from GapInsurance123 allows you to start your policy on the day that your own motor insurance cover finishes.

You can buy two types of deferred policies for up to 4 years.( 5 years is not available ) 

For example

  • You pick a three-year combined vehicle replacement gap insurance policy.
  • The price for a standard policy is £120
  • Your own motor insurance company have offered you new for old within the first 12 months
  • This cover finishes on the 09/01/2016.
  • You enter your details on our secure system.
  • You then enter the start date of your GapInsurance123 policy for the 10/01/2016.

With a deferred policy from GapInsurance123,  you would now have four years cover.

  • The first 12 months from your own motor insurance company
  • Then year 2, 3 and four  from your GapInsurance123 policy.
  • GapInsurance123 offer this facility free of charge as part of our commitment to the  "treating customers fairly" ethos.

Please note that it is your responsibility to check with your own insurance company to make sure that you have cover in place. We would advise that we ever possible your ask them to confirm it in writing, check any clauses that may prevent you from getting replacement cover and request that you keep a copy for your records.