Combined Return to Invoice Gap Insurance
Combined Return to Invoice Gap Insurance from GapInsurance123
What is Combined Return to Invoice (or RTI, Back to Invoice) Gap Insurance, how does it work?
Return to invoice Gap Insurance, or RTI Gap Insurance, is a very popular type of Gap Insurance in the UK today and the type most offered by dealerships. Return to Invoice Gap from GapInsurance123.co.uk has been carefully developed to provide increased cover, with some fantastic features as standard on every policy. Firstly, however, what exactly is Combined RTI Gap Insurance?
Combined Return to Invoice Gap Insurance pays the difference between the motor insurer's 'Market Value' settlement the point of 'total loss' and the original invoice price you paid or the amount outstanding on finance whichever is the higher.
Why chose Return to Invoice Gap Insurance from GapInsurance123.co.uk?
Even though some policies may look similar, they may have different terms and conditions. When you buy your policy from GapInsurance123 you can be sure will not pay more for any of our policies than you would from our competitors as we offer a price guarantee.
Our Combined Return to Invoice Gap Insurance offers Combined cover - Remember that our policies pay the higher of either, the amount outstanding on finance or the invoice price you paid.
- Up to 5 years cover available - for vehicles up to £75,000 invoice price, and up to £25,000 claim limits available
- Transferable - you can transfer cover to another vehicle within your chosen period of cover.
- Return to Invoice Gap Insurance that you can defer the start date for a maximum of 12 months to start at the end of your own motor insurance "new for old cover"
- If your own insurance does replace the vehicle under their own terms, we will transfer the remainder of your cover to your replacement vehicle Free of Charge.
- No Restrictions or Limits on Purchase Price - Whatever price you pay, we will cover, even if this is in excess of the Glass' Guide Retail value
- £250 towards your own motor insurance excess - If the vehicle is written off, there is no excess on our policy to be deducted, in fact, your gap insurance policy will cover the first £250 of your own vehicle insurance excess!
- Gap Insurance cover for Cars, LCV's, Motorhome's, Motorbike's, Private Hire Taxis and Hackney Cabs.
- Clear commitment to settle your claim within 14 days of your motor insurers settlement
- Covers All Factory Fitted Options
- Cover for up to £1,500 of dealer fitted accessories
- Covers paint & upholstery protection, insurance premiums, and non-transferable warranty charges
- Covers theft with keys, a popular cause of 'total loss' claims in the UK
- Can be bought up to 180 days after vehicle purchase from your dealer
- Gap Insurance that covers all named drivers - even those on Provisional License
- Transfers to next of kin in the event of death
Why Return to Invoice Gap Insurance?
Before you can understand any form of Return to Invoice Gap Insurance, you need to accept two basic facts.
- No matter what type of vehicle you have bought (unless it is a very rare classic) it will lose value over time. The car, van, motorhome or motorbike you have just bought will not be worth the same amount in two three or four years time. This loss in value you will often hear called depreciation. Depreciation is a hard cold fact of life, no-one likes it but it happens.
The average vehicle can according to the motoring experts lose up to 50% in the first three years of its lifetime alone.
- The second fact is that your own motor insurance company will only pay you your vehicles valuation on the day it was written off. When you take into account the vehicle depreciation this value can be thousands and thousands of pounds less than you originally paid.
Let's show you how depreciation can affect you and how Combined Return to Invoice Gap Insurance from GapInsurance123 can help.
- Let's say that you have just bought a Vauxhall Astra. Very nice, reliable car, not normally known for losing excessive value, so its a safe bet isn't it? You choose a mid range, 5 door diesel, and pay £16,995.
Like most of us today, you didn't have a spare nearly £17,000 in the bank so you part exchanged your old car and put a £500 deposit on the deal.
This means that you financed the balance of £14,000. To keep the payments lower you took a loan for 5 years.
You enjoy 3 years of trouble free motoring, then disaster, a slip on black ice and the car is written off.
- You have fully comprehensive insurance, and your insurance company pays you the valuation of your Astra on the day it was written off. Let's say this figure is £6,000.
- Your finance settlement at this point is £10,000.
You have no car, no deposit for a new one, and a bill for £4,000 for something you no longer have. Not a great situation at all!
You have two options, you can either use any savings you may have or re-finance the balance ... and you still may need to get a new vehicle!
Through no fault of your own you have no vehicle and now have to find money to pay off your old vehicle, and finance a new one.
How Combined Return to invoice Gap Insurance can help!
Return to Invoice cover, using the figures above, would pay the difference between the market value, £6,000, and the original invoice price you paid. Out of this figure, the finance settlement can be paid off, leaving you with nearly £7,000 for the deposit on a new vehicle!
At GapInsurance123.co.uk we can offer Combined Return to Invoice Gap Insurance for the following:
Combined Return to Invoice Gap Insurance for Cars
Combined Return to Invoice Gap Insurance for Motorbikes
Combined Return to Invoice Gap Insurance for Motorhomes
Combined Return to Invoice Gap Insurance for Van's and LCV's
Combined Return to Invoice Gap Insurance for Driving School Vehicles
Combined Return to Invoice Gap Insurance for Private Hire Taxis and Hackney Cabs.
Other Pages you may be interested in:
Compare Return to Invoice and Vehicle Replacement Insurance
Compare Return to Invoice to Finance Gap Insurance
Which? Return to Invoice Gap Insurance Review